View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
I feel the same way about Lindsey’s work. Definitely. Which maybe also says something about him as an artist and someone so willing to experiment. I sometimes feel like Christine is the weakest link in the band (not that any of them are weak!) in that some of her songs are very fluffy pop and I feel rather “meh” on some. Never unpleasant but I don’t feel very strongly one way or the other about some of her stuff and of course have other songs I really love. She’s also different in that sense from both Lindsey and Stevie. There’s more similarities in L & S’s work but Stevie’s stuff is a lot less experimental and more consistent. You know what you’re going to get from Stevie. Much as you do with Christine but Stevie’s work is darker? I don’t know maybe I’m trying to pull my comparisons too far here. But I think it makes sense that we have strong feelings for Lindsey’s work.

And I’m with you as far as this potentially being the last tour and that’s been a big factor in my thoughts on whether or not go. It may not be everything I want but maybe I need to take what I can get because this may be it. That said oh my gosh the additional fees on tickets. Yikes. I found a nice seat on Stubhub and the price was almost low enough I would’ve just gone for it. Until I caught an extra $50 in fees. Ouch. I know there’s been an increase in entertainment tax here in Chicago so I’m assuming that’s part of it and I have only ever bought from Stubhub once so it wasn’t clear to me those taxes weren’t included up front and they match the fees from Ticketmaster. But yikes. I do hope prices go down a bit later today.

But I’m planning to attend. And will definitely report back! I’m hoping to sit off to the side up close to the stage. Generally one of the best spots for arena shows (maybe the best as someone exceptionally short. I loved the time I got a floor seat for the last tour but I could hardly see a thing.) And it will afford me a great view of the audience as well. I’m so curious about the audience reactions as well. Though at this point, I’m equally curious about what my own take on things will be! I do figure as “wrong” as I’ve felt songs have sounded without Lindsey, it’s also one thing to be watching from a computer screen and another to actually be at a live show. Figure that can only help.
You are scaring me LOL because I understand exactly what you're talking about! I am short myself, so being on the floor in a large venue has always been an issue for me. And you described Lindsey, Christine, and Stevie's music very well and again, I know what you mean. It's easier to have more passionate feelings about Lindsey's songs because they are experimental, or certainly more out of the box, than anything Christine or Stevie does. I dislike When I See You Again, for example, but it doesn't actually bother me. The Ledge or Not That Funny, on the other hand, really grates on me, for some reason. Then again, Go Your Own Way is the quintessential FM song for me, perfection in every way. Crystal, Monday Morning, Second Hand News, I Know I'm Not Wrong, I'm So Afraid, love them all so much. And I know Crystal was written by Stevie, but his voice is f-ing beautiful on that song.

I was/am tempted to buy a really good seat for FM but it's several hundred dollars, plus an extra $75 in "service charges" so I think I'm going to hold off until the day of the show or close to it. I want as close a seat as possible while spending as little money as possible LOL. Anyway, glad to hear you're going and cannot wait to hear all your thoughts about the concert, good and bad!