View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Thank you! Tonight even, a full day ahead I noticed drops on prices. That’s good to know. I just babbled to my mother for an hour over whether I should go and getting into all my feelings. I will no doubt go for $100. I mean I’m in Chicago anyway and have no other plans. I wouldn’t go out of my way or anything. And the thought of paying like $250 for some crappy seats when $200 had me on the floor for the real, full band was just killing me. But $100, I’m definitely there.

I am still catching up because I was internet issues even when I posted and had otherwise been silently lurking when crap hit the fan but what keeps getting me is that if there had been a way to do FM without a replacement for Lindsey or anyone new, I would’ve bought my ticket long ago. I would still be bummed but I still don’t want to hear someone else singing Lindsey’s songs. In fact I think I posted here or somewhere else that since I had seen FM minus Christine and also seen the Buckingham’s McVie show, seeing Stevie and Christine without Lindsey was the last piece for my collection. :P But I don’t want other people dragged in. Or as I whined to my mother “I don’t want these random dudes in my band!” I can appreciate pre Rumours Mac and have all those albums and I may be a weird one on that I’ve always loved Say You Will. But I hated Bekka and Billy and that weird period. Didn’t sound like Fleetwood Mac to me. So ugh, I don’t know. I don’t see how you drag new people in this late in the game especially. So much for that farewell tour.... Guess we already saw that.

Anyway, if tickets do indeed continue to drop and I will probably be around to report from the show tomorrow. And I’m definitely going to see Lindsey in a few weeks when he’s here in Chicago. Bummed I missed out on the Meet and Greet tickets for that. But originally I was planning to be traveling that week. Since I’m not I also have a little extra money and hence I guess I will go to tomorrow’s show. But I still don’t know how I feel about it. Being a Fleetwood Mac fan is a part of my identity. Maybe not a huge part but looking around my apartment I’ve got posters and my big thing I collect is every album from all eras of the band including everyone’s solo stuff and collaborations and all the singles that are on 45. I have foreign imports and multiple Buckingham Nicks copies. And I’ve actively enjoyed building that collection. I’ve got a pile of old journals somewhere that have cringeworthy attempts at teenage songwriting that was a lot of me just stealing lines from FM. I grew up with the band.

Anyway, I know I’m one among many around here and I feel the anger and upset. But I’m also just not sure what to make of it all. I’ve never cared even half as much about any other band and no other band has the lifelong memories and connection that FM has for me. I almost feel weird for caring so much? But radio stations must be gearing up for the show tomorrow because while out this afternoon and evening I heard 3 different FM songs (amazingly two Christine, 1 Stevie. Notably no Lindsey lead songs) and I was still all happy to hear them. And I’d still like to see Stevie and Christine and Mick and John. Though I sure wish I was seeing them with Lindsey...

THE Stephen Hopkins