Thread: Majority Rules
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
When Mick says majority rules, perhaps he considers silence as implied agreement. There was time between when the decision was made and when it was announced to the press for John or Christine to raise a voice of objection. Maybe they were scared they would be banished too. I don't know. But "they weren't consulted" doesn't fly with me. If they were angry and upset, they should have said so and would have had plenty of time to say so before the decision was made public. Hell, it would have been more difficult after it was public, by John and Christine could have come out united as one saying "this is a terrible decision" or "I won't play in a band that treats long serving members as replaceable". BUT THEY DIDN'T!
I really agree with this, secret love. There is no way John and Christine didn't know what was going on, but even if they somehow really didn't, they did have the option to be heard. That's why I really think there's a little more to this story than any of us know, and maybe it's not our business, I don't know. I mean, FM is in the public eye, but that doesn't mean we have the right to know everything that goes on. I WANT to know what happened, but ultimately it's none of my business. Anyway, I do believe it was majority rules, whether it was 3 against 2 or 4 against 1.