View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, but do not think it can happen. For starters, if the material existed, it would seem that something would have been included with the 2004 expanded remaster other than the single mixes. The album was completed within three months of Stevie and Lindsey joining, so it's also possible that very few extraneous recordings exist.

I was just yesterday reading the old 2001 Ledge Q&A with Ken Caillat, and came across this:

Quote:
Question about the song Rhiannon. I always thought the difference between the studio version and the Live version of that song was breath taking to say the least. How did this change come about, was it altered during the rehearsals?? Can you give any details and experience's about when you first saw it done live, and your impressions. Also you mentioned there were around 10 shows recorded for every tour, does this include the White album tour? (Anonymous, New York, New York)

I think the whole experience for the band during the white album was different, they were new to the band, and recordings often are just a "snapshot" of how they felt then. When they started playing together live they discovered their real potential, that's the great thing about playing live, you just "let it go" and feel the audience reaction. No, I don't think the white album tour was recorded as often, because I wasn't there, and the label didn't know how the album was going to do.
Of course, that doesn't really prove anything.

I would love a box for the 1975 album, too. Right now, I'm also really hoping we get one for Mirage next year.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case