View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

So I think Christine enjoyed, too. Not now, but she did in the past.
If you have money and don't want to do something with your life, you just don't do it and don't wait to be in your 60s to change.
Well, Homeward Bound suggests she'd had enough a long time ago. Then, once we hit the nineties, she was saying she wanted to go back to England in almost every interview.

She liked the band and believed in their music. It was a 2nd family. So, sometimes when you weigh the pros and the cons, the cons don't seem that heavy -- at least not for awhile. So, she soldiered on for a few decades.

Maybe she enjoyed it once she got on the stage. Maybe she liked playing, if not the steps you had to go through to get up there. Between the traveling and the stage fright, touring really took its toll, especially once she stopped taking controlled substances to ease the burden. She said she had to drink to get to sleep in the hotel at night. I guess that made it bearable for many years. Once she was no longer willing to do that, that's when she knew it was time to end life on the road.

It's funny, because when Lindsey left the band, Christine said he never enjoyed touring too. I think both of them were right about each other, but the reasons Lindsey disliked it then and the reason Christine disliked it in general are different.

Michele