Thread: Klonopin
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Registered

Markolas, you asked about zoloft and wellbutrin- I have been on both and neither worked for me. I believe that I was on them for 3 months each, around 2002, and not at the same time. Shortly after was when I went on Percocet, the only thing that helped my depression, though it's not manufactured for that reason. Soon it will be 4 months off it.
My mother was on both Zoloft and Wellbutrin for many years, not at the same time. I think she took zoloft for the longest duration, 10 years ago, with good results, and the wellbutrin as recent as 2 years ago but it had some side effect on her liver I think it was- most anti-depressants have side affects on the stomach, it seems.
Now her docs have her on 'aricept' which freaks me out, because it's an Alzheimers prevention/treatment drug, and not an anti-depressant, and I think she does not have dementia or pre-Alzheimers.
So, it's like she has gone from 30 years on an anti-depressant- I think she started with Prozac in the 80s-- to being on NO anti-depressant now and this Aricept worries me a lot. She has lost copious amounts of weight since beginning the aricept she didn't have to lose. The psychiatrist believes she has severe dementia and many signs of Alzheimers, I see her every day now, and I think 'that's just how Mom is, and has always been' and I asked her MD yesterday if we could stop the Aricept, 'I'm no doctor', trying to be respectful, 'but I've researched it a lot, and it's when her weight loss started and she lost her appetite and I don't see any change in my Mom that idicates to me she has dementia,'-- Weight loss and appretite loss both are side-effects of the drug. The MD told me, 'NO, she needs it' - tho it was the psychiatrist who prescribed it, and also told me the same.
I think they're both wrong, but can't prove it. My mother just wants to do as the doctors tell her. Tomorrow, I take her for an ultrasound (of her stomach area) to see if that will reveal any causes for her weight loss. Tomorrow is Thursday, and it's my third appointment to take her to this week, there's two next week, then 2 in late October for my dad. So, I wasn't totally 'nuts' moving so close to them, even if the house is so huge I could move The Waltons in here with me.- Oh, obscure 70s reference- I mean, a number of people!
Luke, why are you afraid to say anything? I'd be interested. I sense that maybe you think these drugs are a racket. I think I think so, too.
And I think I'm going to have to get back on the Percocet next month, maybe being off of it for 5 months by then will allow me to not need as much as I did when I voluntarily quit it because I was sick of being so dependent on it. My doctor's concerned and I know I could get it again. The thought of the 180 count bottles from Costco again both scares me and cheers me to know I may have relief in sight-- It is all that works for me, all that has ever worked for my depression, and I've had about all of the Xanax I ever want to see, it just doesn't work for me. Yet, I may continue on the nothing and take NO other drug (except for the Adderall I've been on forever with no abuse)- the depression I have has morphed into nothingness, which is okay, nothingness isn't that bad, I just need to be more alert and productive for caring for my family, and that means the adderall and percocet. Oh, an excuse, I know, but there's little to do about it.
As well, I know that deep in the winter is when my depression is the strongest, and it's coming soon, but the Adderall will at least get me out of bed. The uncommon problem I have is that the Percocet kicked in the Adderall for me, before it kicked me to the curb after 7 years and I quit in June.
My initial response was to Markolas, yes I was on both the drugs you asked about, with zero results for me. But don't go by me, I'm hard to help. The zoloft seemed excellent for my mother, maybe the best, for her, ever. Prozac seemed to help her mood a lot, too. I imagine you'll be encouraged to try the Wellbutrin for 2 months minimum before discontinuing it should you feel it isn't right for you, that's the 'industry standard'--- Oh, me and those 90s buzz words- too long typing, hope I answered a question before the tangents.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-07-2010 at 01:22 AM..