View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Ahem. I was around to hear a lot of the Mystery To Me album played on the radio in western North America. But for Bob Weston and Clifford Davis' spanners in the works it might've been the Bob Welch lineup that hit the stratosphere of sales.

As usual there are just a couple too many Buckingham-Nicks worshippers who think they've discovered some ultimate unbeatable group to champion negatively against all else. I had those statospheric selling LPs and cassettes back in the day and have often come to wish I'd kept my money. It went up noses and inflated too many heads. Time is an above average collection of work superior to the over produced Tango In The Night and self indulgent Tusk (almost a Lindsey Buckingham solo album in truth). Billy Burnette has been a great guitarist for quite some time, John Fogerty wouldn't have had him in his backing band otherwise. And as far as sales and radio play Fogerty/Creedence Clearwater Revival blows away even the drama queen heights of Buckingham-Nicks grafted onto Fleetwood Mac. He even got someone worse than Clifford Davis (suing him for sounding like himself among many other things).

You obviously don't know what you're typing about and your worship does neither the objects of your affections nor yourself very little real good. Stick to the Rumours uber alles areas; most people got bored of the whole self absorbed in their marketable relationships lineup ages ago and went back to listening to mere music.

P.S.: sorry for the rudeness but do people go to Buckingham-Nicks areas and tell them how insignificant or unreal or not worthy they are? Both are great artists in their ways so why the need to put down something else. When commercial success means everything you get a load of imitative crap mostly.

Last edited by becca; 04-06-2013 at 04:53 PM..