View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Phony as a $3 bill. That's about right.

First of all, one poster above argued that turn about is fair play. Lindsey dissed Carol Ann in songs, so she is justified in telling tales out of school, as it were. I respectfully disagree. Why? Well, it's like this. Her revelations about his physical abuse/violence, self destructive drug usage and his lack of concern for/about his break-up with Stevie are not in the same category as L.B.'s observations about Ms. Harris' character flaws and their inability to get along.

Secondly, her motivation is not to be helpful but to be hurtful and if she makes a buck in the process all the better. If you truly care about someone you talk to them, not about them; especially after they willingly (i.e., There was no palimony law suit filed.) paid for your rehab and bought you a house (as he reportedly did) following their break-up. Did Ms. Harris reciprocate in kind? And, the answer is obviously no or she wouldn't be trying to make a buck now. She is a taker and a user like a lot of hangers on in any profession (but especially the entertainment industry) are. These people live vicariously through their artistic paramour. Their talent lies not in their god given talents but in their delusions through their illusions of grandeur.

And, lastly she was not in the band nor worked for or with the band so what she is reporting is gossip/second hand news. Mick can reveal what ever he wants to about FWM, for what ever reasons he wants to, because he is not only in the band, he co-founded the band, so his observations are first hand accountings not second hand gossip from some wanna be who got dumped.

And, a personal aside. If L.B. really wanted to marry her, rest assured they would have married 20 years ago. I'm not buying the b.s. that she turned him down twice. No woman, young or otherwise, invests 7 years in a relationship, without expecting marriage for financial security, if nothing else. And, this woman does not strike me as a loving, free spirited hippie-chick who gave without regards for nothing in return. That sounds more like Stevie. Storms indeed.

CarolC