View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Just curious - for all of you that think SYW is so great....WHY is it that the band pretends that it never happened now, and play nothing from it?

Yeah, I guess they think it's great, too.
I have read some misjudged and misinformed things in my years of being a huge Fleetwood Mac fan but this is one of the top ones.

For years they played nothing from TUSK except... TUSK.

For years, Stevie refused to even play "Sara" which is one of the gold standard hits/classics/masterpieces in her entire repertoire. But it was from a tough episode in her life and a period she doesn't remember as very positive or great.

And you made this comment, HomerMcVie, with such arrogance and flippancy ... I take it you're a HUGE Stevie fan ... you do realize that Stevie completely ignores the following albums from her catalogue:

Rock a Little (an album that in recent years has been reappraised as a masterpiece or at the very least an album with moments of brilliance. It had a couple hit singles - they are GONE from her set it seems FOREVER).

The Other Side of the Mirror (an album I think is overall pretty weak but some consider it her finest and I've often heard fans call it her best set of songs since her TUSK songs. It had a couple hit singles - they are GONE from her set it seems FOREVER).

Street Angel (another album I think is overall a little weak but a lot of songs I personally love including the mild hits Blue Denim and Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind. I love Greta, Listen to the Rain, Destiny, Kick It. It had a couple of minor hit singles - they are GONE from her set it seems FOREVER).

Trouble in Shangri-La (the album I consider her absolute solo masterpiece in terms of the number of songs I adore. TISL, Sorcerer, Planets, It's Only Love, Love Changes, Bombay, Fall from Grace, Love Is. It had a couple of hit singles but more importantly has career important songs as in they are milestone songs - they are GONE from her set it seems FOREVER. Even the couple of times she brought back "Love Is" she was doing it in the arrangement of the demo from way back when.)

That's four albums that - IF you're a Stevie fan - you probably LOVE and think are great so let me ask you something ... if you've made it this far into my comment because you don't really seem like someone that has much interest in other people's views, opinions and feelings ...

WHY is it that Stevie Nicks pretends that it never happened now, and plays nothing from it?