View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Getting an education on Fleetwood Mac---

My recommendations:

I read as much as I could on this Ledge place...going into old threads, as people posted what they experienced at concerts back in the day. I learned a lot. And as I asked questions here on the Ledge, members were kind enough to respond.

The first book I read was Leah Furman's Rumors Exposed-the Unauthorized Biography...in the author section, it said she is an attorney and did her research. I liked how the book went from the early days of FM and didn't get started when SN and LB joined the band.

I was amused to find out that Jeremy Spencer did a mini-Elvis set (?) in the early days. From there I wanted to find concert audio to hear the songs. Someone here on the Ledge posted a song ...."Somebody's gonna get their head kicked in tonight." That is one fun song....

From there I got back issues of RollingStone, People, Circus etc. from the local library to read about the band as they were being reported.

And then...I went to Amazon/Ebay and started buying new and used books.

Books which I felt I should not have purchased were:
40 Years of Creative Chaos-Brackett
Read Between my Lines (Musical Life and Journey of Stevie Nicks)-Halliburton
Never Break the Chain-Cath Carroll
Fleetwood Mac: the First 30 Years-Bruning
The Fleetwood Mac Story-Rumors and Lies-Bruning

They were books which I did read and would not say I hated...just wish I had not bought them, because they would not be books that I would re-read.

As for Micks's and CAH's book, I read and purchased them...purchased both of Mick's books, the 25 years one and the My Life and Times one. The authors have different perspectives and for that, I found them interesting. Who really knows what "the truth" is? I wanted to find out what really happened in New Zealand.

One last comment...I can't remember...but the one book of Mick's is a coffee table sized book and contains lots of photographs. That one I did enjoy and I would recommend if you can find it. I found it on Ebay for about $10 and it was a hardback copy.

I don't know if this is what you wanted when you started this thread, but this is my 2 cents worth.