View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First few are in order the rest are random.

1. FM Live in Boston show for DVD, I managed to get up front in front of Stevie's mic with just 2 pp in front of me. I still can't believe it! What a magical night.

2. Stevie during Enchanted tour in July '98 in Phoenix for AHI benefit. The AHI folks had not worked out the kinks yet and I did NOT get to meet Stevie at the after party which was the whole reason I went! However, the show was amazing because I had a front row seat. Stevie came to take my hand first during Edge and grabbed both of them, wowza!!

3. Woodstock '94. Most memorable were Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, Joe Cocker (was right up front, crazy!), and the bad ass Metallica who no one could touch. Their sound was incredible. That was no accident because their sound check was like a half hour long, they are pros. Also, the first thing I saw when I got there was Jackyl on stage and the lead singer had his pants around his ankles. No, I'm not kidding. I was like, "I'm at Woodstock, man." Hehe.

4. Susan Tedeschi at the Ranch House (we call it the Raunch House). This is a dive bar on the south shore of MA but she packed the place and the energy was crazy, you just knew things were really going to happen for her. I forget the year cuz I'm terrible with linear time (a quality I share with La Nicks) but the following year I saw her at the Fleet Boston pavilion which is significantly larger and more prestigious!!

5. Heart this summer at Fleet Boston. Ann can still wail, Nancy is still smokin and can play her ass off. That show was sooooo good.

6. Nancy Wilson solo, it was such an intimate show at the Paradise. It was surreal to see her in a tiny venue!!

7. No Doubt at Avalon in Boston. Again a small club and you just knew Gwen was going to be huge. The energy was crazy!! I made it down front but I was wearing clogs, which I didn't think would be a problem. Until the band started and everyone started jumping up and down! I was like, "What the?" I felt so old!

8. Joan Osbourne, again at Avalon. The woman has soul.

9. Guns n Roses and Sound Garden in the early 90s. We waited for 2 hours for Guns to start. Meanwhile the camera operators kept the crowd entertained by encouraging women to flash. That was different. I thought Chris Cornell was a total freak. That was when he had the long hair and all the facial hair. He did this thing where he whipped his head around in a circle and his hair was going all over the place, he looked positively demonic!!!

10. Monsters of Rock back in the day. I loved Scorpions and could not believe how good they sounded. Even though they were kind of a cheesy band, their sound was really great and I always loved that singer's voice. I did almost pass out from the heat though, man was it hot that day! And I was so cool in the back of my friend's tranny, hehe. Crazy days, man.

11. Tom Petty at the Fleet Center a couple of years ago. He is soo awesome live you have to see him. And he has such heart.

I've been to TONS of shows!