View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
But I don't think he's some blameless victim, especially not back in the day, and I don't think Stevie has any evil ways, I actually love Stevie even though I'm mad at her but I just think the way this was handled was just wrong and it shows a double standard in the band. These days, it's undeniable that Stevie gets allowed to do basically anything (record/not record when she wants, tour or delay tours when she wants) but Lindsey gets thrown out over a scheduling issue and (allegedly) because Stevie doesn't want to deal with him bugging her about recording an album anymore? It's just not right, I don't understand how anyone can think that's right and to me at least, it's so upsetting that this is how the band is going to go out.
Amen. It is a complete double standard, even if you take the band's narrative at face value.

Stevie's presentation of herself as a selfless team player in that CBS interview, someone who always respects what the "majority" of the band wants ("I'm not the boss"), and holding herself up as a supposed contrast to Lindsey... it was grotesquely hypocritical.