View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The last official and authentic Fleetwood Mac album is Mirage IMHO. Its the last time these 5 members worked together as a unit in the studio. I don't count Tango because Stevie was not there and Lindsey pretty much controlled everything as if it was his solo album. That is why it irked me so bad that Stevie did not join them to do one last album. However, I really love Buckingham/McVie and would prefer another album from then than a Fleetwood Mac greatest hits tour. I don't care for Tango but it created one of the band's best tunes "Isnt it Midnight." That is a polished gem. If it was the lead single, it would have given the band some great rock chops and not a cheezy 80's synth pop album. As the first single from the Mac in over 5 years I think it would have charted really well. Then they could have released all of their slick pop stuff.

That a very interesting perspective. I do love Isn't it Midnight but it wouldn't have got the air play or the attention it deserved in 1987. This was the 5 year follow up to the mega album Mirage and a lot has changed since 1982. This was before the internet so there was very little detail on the behind the scenes of their recording process.I always made it a priority to stay as close as I could to be in the no at the time keeping up with what was next with this band and solo efforts. Big Love was the right choice followed by Seven Wonders and then Little Lies IMO.