View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Nope….there’s absolutely no link here. They may carry the moniker….rumours, but that doesn’t mean they are linked. At the end of the day, they all need to find a Fleetwood Mac linked name….that isn’t Fleetwood Mac.
None of these bands have websites linked to each other. There is no corporate identity. THE Rumours of Fleetwood Mac band is the only one that features Mick. None of the others do.
Honestly, I think the only reason they do is to boost their credibility. They feature Rick too and I saw him play with them.
No one said ALL of them have one corporate identity. That is what I pointed out. Some of them have been touring during since the Dance era. Even if they were they would never be linked by website. They are different bands in different parts of the world. We have NO idea when Rumours started in the 1990s if the real Fleetwood Mac shared in any of the profits or gave their blessing. We dont know that. What we do know is Mick does bless and promote one of them. Its impossible for me to believe that several Rumours bands are performing thousands of shows (several a week just on one ship) and have a huge NCL cruise contract that Mick or the band does not get some profit.
The original thread asked the question, How many Rumours bands are there? The answer is countless. With such a profitable cruise contract for multiple ship entertainment I would put my money on that Mick or the band gets something. Depending on the country, tribute bands do pay royalties. Generally speaking it can be 4.8%. So it seems the more Rumours or tributes bands, the more money the original band can make.

This is cut and paste from an entertainment lawyer:

If they play covers for money, the venue has to pay a licensing fee to the licensing agencies, ASCAP and BMI being the big ones in the US. All clubs that feature music pay these fees, which are distributed to the member songwriters.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-24-2024 at 01:31 PM..