View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Reason Bob is not in the RRHOF

I know for a fact the reason that Bob Welch was not inducted in the RRHOF Mick called me the day that Bob died before his body even left the house and I refused to talk to him unless he told me why. He said "It was Christine McVie" and I put my friend on the phone with Mick, Mike Lawson, who was there with me as the police were still in my home. She refused to go on stage if he was inducted. It was NOT the RRHOF, but Fleetwood Mac, John, Mick and Chris who kept him out. Mick would not stand up to Christine. She did it vindictively because she was going to show him that he couldn't do what she felt was unjust to her. and I have letters and other statements to prove her vindictiveness then and now. They sounded great together, but she was always jealous that he sold more solo albums than she did, and was angry with him for other unaceptable reasons. I saw that in her at dinner one night. She was a very jealous and non-loyal person, I feel. Very
Sincerely the Truth!!! Mike Lawson is on facebook and you can ask him yourself. He is extremely honorable and reputable as you will see if you care to look.

Also, thank you for finally talking about this. It still can be changed and Bob wanted this Very Much! Welcome Chris, thank you, but one correction, Bob was in the band for five years, not three, and Christine just joined the band the year before. He wrote and sang 1/2 the songs on five albums and played guitar and sang backup on all the songs on those five albums. What's wrong with this picture?

Last edited by Wendy Welch; 03-17-2014 at 10:06 PM..