View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I just wish the band was above letting her make them wait. Sure, they want an album with her, but if that can't be had, why just sit there? Put out the album in 2015, capitalize on the publicity her absence will bring and hope that in a year or two maybe you can make an album with her.
yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No need to fire. Just make an album without her and connect with her again in 2017.
oh but i just so love that possibility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I like this better. That way, they can even tour again if Stevie wants to tour the new album and we'll get new music.
and you want that? enough of endless Mac cash cow tours! (i can say that however many times and i know it will never be true - all of them seem to love the sold-out arenas the huge amount of adulation and endless millions FM tours give them... and i guess that's understandable. most people would.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Ok, so where's the 5 year figure coming from? It's been 2 years since the EP, and 12 since Say You Will. Stevie's last albums were released 1 & 4 years ago; Lindsey's 4, 7, and 9 years ago; and Christine's was 11 years back. I guess the first time we heard rumblings of a new FM album was during the Unleashed tour, though- 6 years ago now?
ok 6 years now i guess!

but yeah, just read some of the threads here from 2009. everybody was so sure that FM will go straight in the studio when they get off the road in 2009... since Lindsey was saying that's what they'll do every night on stage. when they came off the road Stevie nixed the album, so he gave up and recorded SWS. and that was a part of his intro the whole 2011 solo tour "i was hoping something else was gonna happen, but since the time unexpectedly opened up, i filled it." then 2012 they went into studio. then 2014. so yes, since 2010-2015, looks like at least 5 years to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Whatever the case, I hope Stevie gets on board for a FM album sooner than later. It's been 28 years since we've gotten any new studio work from the Rumours 5. The band is on the largest grossing tour of their career, and public interest has never been higher. It's time to strike while the iron is hot. They had the same chance following the Dance, and utterly bungled it back then by waiting 6 years to release new material. I sincerely hope they learned from that mistake, but something tells me they haven't.
exactly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"