View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks is a witch.
By sarahfloss

So I got to see Fleetwood Mac for free, from the comfort of a private box, with thanks to my mother. The company she works for owns a private box at Acer Arena, and sometimes get free tickets. Rock on, gold dust woman!

Fleetwood Mac to a person of my generation is just one of those bands that has always been there. A staple of every classic rock radio station, movie soundtrack and advertising campaign, their extensive back catalogue of songs has meant that they’re never far from the public consciousness.

Listening to them live, you’re constantly thinking “Oh yeah. They did that song too.” Boy howdy, do they know how to rock, but I suppose they have been doing it for a long time. Mick Fleetwood is a cheeky scamp, Lindsey Buckingham is a maestro, and Stevie Nicks is a witch.

A new twitter friend who was also at the concert commented that she had the impression John McVie could fit inside Mick Fleetwood like babushka dolls.

Now, when I say Stevie is a witch, don’t misinterpret that as a bad thing. To me the image of a witch is a strong, powerful, magical woman, and Stevie Nicks may well be the High Priestess, next to Kate Bush. She’s utterly captivating onstage, and has a rotating selection of scarves and shawls that she floats around in. She’s also a big fan of air drumming.

http://sarahfloss.wordpress.com/2009...ks-is-a-witch/