View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
i SLIGHTLY disagree with this. I think Christine's songs are fine for adaptation/updates. the PRODUCTION of many of her songs might not age quite as well. You Make Loving Fun, just SCREAMS 70's. but with some thought and re-working, I think they could have re-worked Little Lies nicely for The Dance.
I just think that the Tango era ended so bitterly, that they decided to relegate it to 2 songs.
I think You Make Loving Fun has aged extremely well. That shuffle groove gah... it's just so damn cool. Love it. Good point on Little Lies. They certainly could have reworked it and they certainly still can rework it. For this 1997 reunion the band did do this. They made Everywhere work and I think it sounded great! I can't say they've put the same thought and time into reworking any of their songs for subsequent tours, which is really too bad. Without the pressure of a live album and how that would be received, they have just gone through the motions in their rehearsals, so much so that Stevie missed quite a bit this time around promoting the IYD documentary.