View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
And remember she was violent with him too. She said she flew off of the couch and wanted to kill him when he said he wanted to leave in '87. She also stole his spotlight onstage several times which is why he kicked her. I DO NOT condone his behavior but there are 2 sides to every story. She herself said she knows how to push his buttons.
I agree that we don't know what really happened between SnL behind the scenes. But if you compare the CBS interview that the band did and what Lindsey said last Friday, it's crystal clear to me that she had a hand in his being fired. I think when someone said:"F*ck Stevie Nicks" and she had nothing to do with it he would have stood up for her.
I agree with every word! I would never, ever condone violence and incidents where that happened were flat out wrong, no matter what the circumstance.
But I think the idea some people have that Lindsey was the only one who was mean is ridiculous. I don't doubt he was mean to her, but I am 100% convinced she was mean right back and probably initiated dozens of arguments herself. Others who were around in those days said the same thing as well.
There were also those audio tapes of Sara Fleetwood and Beverly Vance talking about Stevie and I remember Beverly mentioning that she used to hook up with Lindsey at some point and Stevie and her whole posse knew about it and they really gave her a hard time about it and I think Sara mentions that Stevie would start fights with Lindsey when she'd hear about him and other girls or if he brought someone around. It was definitely a two-way street.