sardonic
Main Entry: sar·don·ic
Pronunciation: sär-'dä-nik
Function: adjective
Etymology: French sardonique, from Greek sardonios
Date: 1638
: disdainfully or skeptically humorous
: derisively mocking

He always performs it in the same place before Go Insane, so it must be, I would guess, something he sees inextricably linked to the meaning or feeling or inspiration of that song. "I lost my power in this world, cause I did not use it."

I don't object to poetry injected into a rock concert. It's one of those things that makes Lindsey just a little bit different from other performers who would never think it appropriate to put something like that in between rocking guitar solos.

The next tour lineup will have to be different, if for no other reason than because Christine won't be there. I'm interested to see how they deal with that. I don't really expect many, if any, solo songs, and I don't expect a set of mostly new material, but some. It'll be interesting to see if they dust off any older tunes they never tried or dropped long ago. But of course I could be all wrong.

I always enjoy hearing Lindsey try new things (including George's song on New Year's Eve), but if he performs some familiar things, especially at one-off charity shows, I can't really judge that. But he did take the time to be there at the request of a friend and for the benefit of a good cause and I did enjoy the newness he did inject into those AHI shows -- acoustic Gypsy in 2000 (since Stevie said it was Lindsey's idea to do it) and Love Minus Zero/No Limit in 2001 (which got Mick out there on stage too).

Last edited by Les; 05-30-2002 at 10:29 AM..