View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyveris View Post

The atmosphere was electric with excitement, as the audience was highly energetic and erupted in wild, roaring applause after every performance, and the band seemed to feed off of the hot outpouring of enthusiasm showering upon it. I was on the lower level balcony directly facing the stage and cheered myself hoarse, as well, and even uncontrollably shouted "I love you, Stevie!" with all of my might after a breathtaking performance of Gold Dust Woman. Stevie, ever exuding dazzling flair and ageless ethereality, seemed mere feet away from me as I gazed at her through a pair of high-powered binoculars that I was so happy I thought to bring. She is truly an exquisitely stunning lady in person, especially draped in such elegant attire. The rock goddess's voice sounded a bit higher than I thought it would, but her vocals were awesome, especially on the aforementioned Gold Dust Woman, Sara, Landslide, and Storms. She added some lyrics to Gypsy, the song that I was most looking forward to hearing live, and it was an excellent performance. Lindsey was ever the fireballing guitar god who let fly intensely exhilarating, searing guitar solos. His vocals were outstanding. Big Love and Oh Well, as well as Go Your Own Way and I'm So Afraid, of course, were notable highlights for me.
Wow-very eloquent and descriptive words. I think you captured it well. Such a great night! I'm glad you thought the vocals were as good as I thought they were. Like I said above, it was difficult for me to hear last night--hoping for an awesome recording . . .

I too noticed Stevie's eyeliner and thought it looked cool--very edgy, Stevie

A