View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes I remember whether it was from John years later or in Mick's first book but there were very ugly and physical times between the McVies. We will definitely never know.
I didn't find any "knife" episode in Mick's book. I found these, about the Rumours recording sessions days.

John and Chris were only nominally married at that point. Actually, she'd been seeing our lighting director, Curry Grant, in secret while we were on the road. John suspected something was going on. He'd say to me, "He's doing her, you know." And I'd say, "No, no, no, John, it's all in your mind." Soon Curry started having trouble with the rest of the crew; they saw what was happening and didn't like it. It got so Curry couldn't ride in the van with the rest of them. Colonel Courage would berate the readies, and they'd say they hated Curry 'cause he was messing around with Christine. So the colonel and I confronted her, and she told us it was true.
John was very upset, and we fired Curry because it was disrupting the band. Chris was told it had to be that way, and she understood.

That was our attitude. No matter how awful things became, the band had to come first. It was do or die. But it made touring very, very hard.