Thread: The doc!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Since I can’t sleep:

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Good points made by all. But, in the end, I know those concert numbers of Stevie's shows are not an accurate depiction of the shows I attended - they are not even close. I know this for a fact because some of those shows were sold out and no tickets could be bought - I was there I tried
That’s what I’m interested in. Is the eventual number counted out of ticket stubs or something else? If it’s the stubs then it’s very interesting as of why some of the shows would be sold out and then a lot of people wouldn’t attend them anyway. Do they give that much tickets to various companies and then no one working there is interested in going? Which came first, the chicken or the egg? When will you stop criticizing Lindsey because of his tortured artist pretentiousness? Does the sun revolve around the moon or not? To be or not to be?

My basic point here is that although Stevie is the biggest single draw in the band on her own, her solo tours seem to be considered secondary for many. That explains the low attendance of the Enchanted tour because it was done very quickly after the Dance. TISL had higher attendance but that was because FM hadn’t been out there for a while and there was no guarantee that they’d tour anymore.

‘S all just in my twisted mind.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up