View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Of course they have a right to play Hold Me and its a great song. However when they first announced their set list, I think most of us were surprised the dare they were taking on with deep tracks. Its apparent with dropping the deep tracks, the band feels the mood of the arena is off.
I could be in the minority but the longer this tour goes on, the more odd it is to me. I think the band would have been better off hiring a guitarist who does not sing. I think they are fully trying to replicate Lindsey in replacing him vocally and musically. I think Stevie and Chris have enough material to carry a full concert set. For the band to fire Lindsey and hire another guitarist to not only play guitar but sing Lindsey songs is still very strange to me. Imagine if the Rolling Stones fired Keith Richards and the band hired a new guitarist. The band puts "Little T&A" in the set. The fans would boo and throw food at the stage. Its bad enough you fire the guitarist but sing his songs too? I am not being harsh on Finn. He was put in this position because they want him to sing and be like Lindsey. The band cant have Finn sing vintage Mac songs because apparently the audience is bored. They dropped Hypnotized only after a few weeks. So the band feels they must play Lindsey's Rumours songs. These songs most of the audience knows. Its so strange for the band to be playing Monday Morning, Second Hand News, and Go Your Own Way. Ok, I may give them a pass at GYOW. Its always closed their sets. It was done in the years Lindsey left. However, even in those years the band did not dare do Lindsey songs. Blue Letter was played in 1987 but Lindsey did not write it. They found a way not to try and reproduce Lindsey. You cant reproduce a guitarist AND vocalist in a band. Its impossible. This is what I feel the band is experiencing right now. The concert numbers are pretty good. But something still does not feel right.
And they wonder why?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-29-2018 at 06:14 AM..