View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
If this band would have had some new music to tour behind I would have felt 100% different.
I feel somewhat along these lines. I doubt I'd have considered a new album an instant classic or a masterpiece. But I certainly would have welcomed it more than a long arena tour built around The Chain, Rhiannon, Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, Don't Stop, and so on. I'm just not interested in that stuff onstage anymore. I've been listening to it for 41 or 42 years in concert, and I've been through hundreds of audio tapes and video tapes listening to yet more performances of the same songs. I'm done. If there's new studio work, I'll certainly check it out on Spotify, as I do with LB's and SN's solo albums and last year's McVie-Buckingham CD. But this continual rehash of seventies hits serving as the core of every concert tour has lost all appeal to me—especially given the way that these songs are performed night after night. (You'd think that at least once in forty years of Dreams live, the band would have tried it in a different way—for example, acoustically or with different choral harmonies cooked up.)

I haven't seen Fleetwood Mac play in person since 2003—I can't be bothered. If the current grouping is going to continue touring its big circus for years to come, I'll let others enjoy it but I'll find other live events to attend.

moviekinks.blogspot.com