View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It was how even though many feel that was one of Stevie's low points, she still looked beautiful and had that sparkle in her eye when she turned to look at Lindsey to sing the "I never meant any harm to you" part.
My favorite part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
One day, some of us are going to be sitting here talking about them... I can't even type the words.
Well, it's true. And the sad thing is the media is not going to support us in our grief. We will care, but the world really won't and that's going to hurt. Having a newspaper clipping from Rolling Stone is not going to be enough. It will be a monumental loss here, but not so much anywhere else and that feels hollow and unsatisfying.

There was a time when Sonny Bono couldn't even get a little guest starring role on Fantasy Island anymore. He was a footnote. Then, he became mayor. Made the House of Representatives and the next thing I know his death had national coverage. I never in a million years thought that would happen. I turned 3 tvs to different channels and I just walked from room to room in my house and listened to them talk about him on every network. Mindboggling. Something happens to Lindsey and that's going to be a blurb they run in text across the bottom of the CNN screen. It makes me feel empty to think about.

You have to yield the right of way to a funeral procession in traffic. I think the world should stop a little for all of us when we die. There should be some kind of outward acknowledgement of the inner death our loved ones will feel. Having a public stamp on grief is strangely satisfying.

I guess, Out Out has haunted me since grammar school: "Since they were not the ones dead, They returned each to their own tasks."

Michele