View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really okay with them calling themselves Buckingham McVie, although I think it would have been cool if they had actually used the "BuckVie" shorthand that we all seem to like.

If they had called the album and tour "Fleetwood Mac" they would be dealing with angry concert-goers yelling for Stevie. So, the choice of the Buckingham McVie name may have simply been a way to avoid that sort of unpleasantness.

When the Lindsey-Stevie-Mick-John quartet made 'Say You Will,' Christine wasn't in the band, so she had no claim on the Fleetwood Mac name.

When the Lindsey-Chris-Mick-John quartet made 'BuckVie,' Stevie was still in the band, so she has a claim on the name, at least equally with the other four.

The only problem with this is the 'Then Play On' precedent, in which a current member of the band (Jeremy) did not participate in recording the album, but the Fleetwood Mac name was still used. But that's a long time ago and everything was much different, so I think it's rather pedantic to use this as an argument for calling the current album "Fleetwood Mac."