View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I know fans have made this claim for a long time. I just wish there was supporting evidence. I find it hard to believe that Stevie would have stayed quiet if this had happened, especially not once Lindsey left the band and everyone was so angry. Over the next 5 years, she spent a lot of time bashing Lindsey and then FM in the press (because she was mad about Silver Springs being withheld) and if her vocals had been taken off of the Tango album, I think she would have said so during that angry phase, not to mention that I think the song versions with her voice on them would have leaked out and would have been circulating over the years. Instead, what we have is two songs and no more.

The way Everywhere sounds, is in keeping with Mick's version of events, that Stevie wasn't there and they had to layer her voice in later. She's very prominent on Everywhere during the live performances, as if to make up for not having a strong presence on the album. Stevie said of TITN, "we made Tango In The Night, which none of us were very much a part of" and I think she didn't feel like a bit part of it because she didn't record many vocals. I know she did a lot of recording of her songs (like 7 Wonders) and she has talked about that, but not about recording discarded background vocals for Stevie and Lindsey songs.

I think Stevie would have let the world know if Lindsey had axed her on TITN, because of the open acrimony after he departed. The only thing she has ever said about her background vocals on that song is how she took her own vocals off of WISYA so that she could get Lindsey's voice alone there and make it like the two were singing together, because she didn't think he would have thought to do that himself on her song.

Michele
There have been a number of times Stevie has bit her tongue until it bled. For instance, when Mick's book came out and Lindsey was going on about the August incident, saying it never happened and Mick had just made that up to sell books, both Stevie AND Christine wanted to make a public statement saying that, yes, it DID happen! Mick, however, said no....they all knew what had happened, and that's all that mattered.