View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
His "new" album won't be out until next year. There is some kind of greatest hits package coming out. I don't think the FM tour is set in stone yet. Looks like it was in the works. Not sure now.
LB wants to tour solo but I think the FM tour would be finalized first. Once again not sure what's going on with the FM tour. I doubt the FM would start before August.
There is some kind of issue going on. Not sure what the issue is but once again this is Fleetwood Mac and it's always "complicated"
thanks so much for the update, this is not exactly good news but who knows maybe something great will come of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Speculating/opinion time:

Really? Geez. If the LB Greatest Hits is the case, then I hope the unreleased Gift of Screws Rolling Stones covers and other song demos from that time are on it but they're re-done or polished up. I really like the FM Deluxe releases, but I have no idea if LB can warrant that treatment or really wants it.

I don't know how I feel about his solo album being shelved into next year. He probably would make a lot more money collaborating with Christine again or doing a farewell FM album. Like, 5 songs from LB, 5 from CM, and 3 demos that are re-done or songs from Stevie. Then, LB can put the last 5 songs for another LB/CM or just distribute them into more solo albums.

Is it wrong of me to just want FM to stop touring after this one, unless the next one actually produces a final album? I don't know about John's health and unfortunately time is not on Christine's side.

This band's drama is so meme-worthy.
i wish FM would stop touring right now! the time is not on any of their sides, and wasting Lindsey and Christine's productive time and health on another huge GH Mac tour is silly. i understand the fans who never saw them live - but hey, they can do some one-offs here and there (5 shows in LA Forum or something?) and not kill the whole years with those never ending cash grabs! if Mick couldn't hold to his money by now, another cashgrab tour will not help him, he'll be right back where he started after it is done again. plus the market is currently saturated with all the other dinosaur bands selling hugely expensive tickets for their farewell tours, Mac is coming in too late for this and next year anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
A Greatest Hits from Lindsey seems kind of silly.....other than "Trouble", "Go Insane" and "Holiday Road", what could they really include?
I guess you could call it a Best Of or a Retrospective, and flesh it out with tracks from his other albums, but that just seems like a stalling technique.
And he seemed so thrilled about this album last summer....!!!��
WelshWitch can correct me, but i believe he said Best Of not the GH. his GH is not anything that would make me happy. but his Best Of has a potential to be fantastic and there are all those amazing songs he never did live or maybe did just once that could see the light of the day if he selects them for the album and tours them. so after being initially hugely unhappy about this turn of events (almost looks like labels always spell some kind of trouble for LB ), i can see the upside if he selects the right songs. for years now i've had a huge list of his solo stuff (+ some Tusk and SYW songs) that i would LOVE to hear live and the list keeps growing as he releases new songs. why not highlight those amazing songs? Rodeo. To Try for the Sun. Twist of Fate. Gift of Screws. Red Rover. Rock Away Blind. he's gotta huge list of fantastic but relatively or completely unknown songs that deserve to be heard.

oh and i will live in hope he may put a couple of completely new songs on that Best Of album too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-13-2018 at 08:22 AM..