View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But now they're all dying. Because they're playing right up to the jumping off point now. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they'd want to tour past being 70. Their bodies aching, and their memory going.

Give me a house on the water, with neighbors who share my love for red wine. The end.
"Ooh look, there's a hottie on the beach!"
That's what they thought they wanted to do when they were in their 40s. Chris hung it up and lived in her refurbished beautiful house. The Eagle's Hell Freezes Over tour seemed to change everything. Bands made some good coin when going on tour in the 70s and 80s. By the 90s and beyond touring is so lucrative it lures them back. Even Lindsey who was not thrilled with going on tour with the Mac changed his tune in the 90s. Just think, Stevie grossed more money on one tour in 2016-1017 24K Gold tour than all over her other tours combined. There are such big bucks at stake, it makes them do it. As they say, everyone has their price. John was completely happy on his boat in 1987 but he eventually came back.
Lindsey is not solo touring for the money. Its something that he finally enjoys doing with his craft.