View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Oh wow! Thanks so much for posting. This was incredible for so many reasons. It was recorded right at that unique time of the uncertainty of touring after Tango. Chris says she is unsure about a tour because "some people" like touring more than others.
Chris is so optimistic here. She had just married Eddy 6 months before this recording. One funny moment is her Freudian slip when she says " I don't think the drinking and drugs have stopped" Then she catches herself and says, I do think it has stopped and its a good thing. She talks about John and Stevie's sobriety.
The interviewer is not shy and goes there about her 1984 solo album being underrated. Chris admits to being disappointed with the lack of success of the album. She questioned why so many claimed her album sounded too much like Fleetwood Mac as if that was a bad thing. She has incredible memories of making the album and proudly admits its a damn good album and she will always be impressed by it. She talks about doing another solo album and hoped it would be more successful the next year (1988).
The interviewer says he was going to interview Lindsey next. Oh wow I hope someone finds that interview and posts it. His post Tango pre-leaving era is fascinating.
Listening to this interview brought back so many memories of being so excited for the new album in 1987 and possible tour. BTW, who was the original producer of Tango that did not work out? Chris says they hired a producer that the 5 over powered and did not work out.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-11-2023 at 07:24 PM..