View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
HA--I said it in jest, but honestly--it's pretty amazing the backlash they are getting. If they didn't lie from day 1, it probably wouldn't be so bad, but when you think about it--the Rumours 5 haven't put out new music collectively in what, 30+ years--yet OWTS was virtually sold out. People want to see them. Fast forward to now, this tour isn't selling well. Yes it will likely do "fine" but with so many bands and performers of their era out doing tours/farewell tours now, this is a sad way to end. And I understand many disagree, but their legacy is tarnished. The backlash, nasty-grams on line, etc is still pretty vocal 5 months later. I know Stevie lives in a bubble and her people shield her from everything, but she's not a stupid woman. She knows what people are saying about this. Mick is not an idiot either. He may look like a court jester, but he's not. Even Azoff is probably saying "WTF" right now. Promoters are on the hook for a lot right now. I don't think it's an accident that no dates beyond the US have been announced yet. The next few months will be telling ( I would imagine)
There is a nostalgia to seeing the Rumours 5 play together. And I am not saying they don't play well together, because they do (or did) OWTS was amazing. Even with Chrisitne missing a note and Stevie sounding pitchy--it was okay they were singing 40 year old songs because the songs tell THEIR story. People don't feel that beholden to shell out money to see this iteration. There's no history, there are no stories, there is no thread pulling them together. Their "people" need to do something to entice broader masses of people to want to see this group. Better interviews ( and preferably telling the truth in them) better performances to promote, etc. It seems like any promotion around this tour has been slow to build and I have to wonder if it's because their PR folks didn't expect what's happened and are hoping it will blow over (i.e. after Ellen (not) or after iHeart Radio) We shall see.
Well said Stormy! It's all about the Rumours 5, not some karaoke band.