View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another excerpt (Mojo May 2019) - starting from a part of Mick's interview (and no Mick, not everyone knows that. you are trying to ensure people don't know that):
"And so it's been fun," Fleetwood says. "And this is no deference in any way to Lindsey. Lindsey is totally unique, and he always has that, and he will always have full kudos of being a major, major part of the history of this band. We know that. You know that. But it's about once you've made a decision to go forward..."

Exactly why that decision was made isn't something anyone's eager to talk about, least of all the musicians involved in the settlement. But all signs point to Stevie Nicks being miffed at Buckingham's on-stage behaviour at the MusiCares benefit to honour the band in New York early last year.

Two days after that event, "[Band manager] Irving Azoff called me up and he was basically screaming at me," Buckingham told CBS News in early December. "He was screaming at me on the phone saying, "You've really done it this time." And I had no idea what he was talking about. He said, "Stevie never wants to be on stage with you again," and I'm going, Why?"
According to Azoff, Buckingham said, Nicks had complained that the guitarist had smirked behind her that night when she gave her acceptance speech.
"Irving told me a couple of days later she'd given the band an ultimatum, and either I had to go or she was going to go," Buckingham said.
love how they now admit it was all Stevie, yet they still don't want to address why was decision made.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"