View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t disagree in principle. However, it isn’t exactly the same equation. Stevie delayed a Fleetwood Mac tour so she could extend the IYD tour because she wasn’t ready to be done with it (which Mick very publicly called her out on it). I think she really believed in that album, and was disappointed that it wasn’t a huge hit, which is probably why she’s reluctant to make another album.

It’s a very different equation today. They are seven years older, Christine (the oldest member) is back, John survived a cancer scare, and a lot of their contemporaries are dying. There’s a greater sense of urgency.
I hear what you're saying, but time has been a factor in this band for a while now. It's not like the tour delay with Stevie was decades ago. This was only six or seven years ago, so the band members were old enough that something could have happened. It's not like Stevie had a crystal ball, to know that everyone would still be fine to do an FM tour after she was done.

And personally, I think extending a tour is a less justifiable excuse than doing a new tour. I understand why she would want to continue, but she had already done a full tour.

I think the other point in Lindsey's favor is that FM has had a cyclical routine with the solo tours and the FM tours. Lindsey toured with Christine last year, which in my mind counts as a "band year", as that should have been an FM record. Lindsey was perfectly warranted in requesting time to do a solo tour in 2018, following Stevie's own rule. He hasn't toured solo in years, and did a couple FM tours in the interim. FM could have been touring a record last year, if urgency is the paramount concern.