View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'll give you Bella Donna, but it's not like it's all Stevie on that. Tom Petty and Don Henley help break things up a bit. And, Stevie was in top form. After that, each album had a couple of decent to great songs and a bunch of filler.

Out Of The Cradle would have been great had Lindsey used an actual rhythm section. But the drum machine makes the album pretty unlistenable for me. If anything, that album reinforces just how critical Mick and John are to that classic Mac sound. To put it another way, I noticed the absence of Mick and John more on Out Of The Cradle than I noticed Lindsey's absence on Christine's songs on Time. I really can't comment on his most recent album, as I've not heard it. I'll get it eventually, but I'm in no particular rush.

I'd still take her 1984 solo album over any of Lindsey's albums or Stevie's album's save for Bella Donna. But, that album had Todd Sharp's fingerprints all over it, making it more of a group effort than a true solo album, and was graced with great vocal cameos from Lindsey and Steve Winwood. Even Clapton's one solo added character to the album.
Whoa... I really agree with all of this... I would add LB's amazing solo at the end of This Smile I live For.....

Also, Got A Hold on Me, is such a great tune... her keyboard work along with the great drums... stellar..

For as much as LB complained about Mick's and John's playing... his work is pitiful as far as bass and drums...