View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I think the Brett interview provided further confirmation to what most of us already knew. It does show that Fleetwood Mac used semantics to frame their truth which had some significant factual omissions, and essentially everything that Lindsey said in public or to some individuals during his tour were factually correct.

Lindsey got fired, Stevie wanted him fired, the rest of the band went along with it for the paycheck. (Not anticipating they would have to pay him north of $10 million for not playing with them) As Brett said, the contracts were signed. One thing I can speak to and it is not an opinion, the suit was brilliantly written and boxed the defendant into a legal corner. Especially now knowing there were contracts to tour and that Lindsey was stating verifiable facts. No wonder the suit was settled in record time.
I took the fact that FM was willing to settle so quickly with Lindsey was proof of how much they wanted to be done with him. I thought Lindsey won $14 million when he settled with FM? That's about what he would have earned if he had toured with them, and he deserved it, if contracts were indeed signed.