View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I know Stevie wrote a letter to him after his heart attack …
No.

She told the L.A. Times that she did.
Her assistant may have sent something to Kristen [Buckingham], I don’t know. Lindsey was disappointed he didn’t hear anything from the band. They’re still family.

It would be great if you and Lindsey tour next year.
Stranger things have happened, my friend. I’d like to see that happen. What’s mind-blowing is that Lindsey has been so great about his attitude towards this. I know he’s been hurt. At the same time, he’s remained open about going back. He’s tried to reach out. He gets radio silence, but he’s trying. He may not always be as sensitive as they want him to be, but I know that he is open to working with them again.

If his wife had anything to say about it, he’d probably never go back. That’s because of all the pain that’s been caused. At the same time, I know that Lindsey, deep down inside, wants to have a chance to finish that legacy the right way, with him involved. I know he’d be up for it.

This sounds to me like Karen may have had the decency to realize something should be sent that acknowledged what happened to LB, and if she did she did not do it at the behest of Stevie; possibly she suggested it to Stevie or possibly she even just sent it from herself. What is clear is that there was no direct note from Stevie or order from Stevie to Karen to send something on her behalf.

Also interesting to note that in her "Karen" role for LB Kristen is righteously pissed off (which of course we saw via her social media posts). LB is the 'weak link' in that Brett makes it sound like he (LB) could be lured back if left to his own devices (one kind of got a sense of this from LB's tv interviews post firing). It's almost being set up like LB is caught between two women in his life-- his old girlfriend who dumped him twice (70s and now) once she got to a point where she didn't need him anymore, and his wife who has stuck it out and clearly taken the lead role in raising their 3 kids. Hopefully he stops looking backwards with any sort of nostalgia and accepts the reality that she's a narcissistic twat.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-15-2020 at 10:57 PM..