View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Fleetwood Mac legacy was sealed long time ago. they are that band with 3 completely different songwriters who wrote some incredible songs and sang some incredible harmonies, while all interchangeably breaking up and sleeping with each and fighting and loving and hating each other while doing mountains of drugs... and keep selling bazillion copies of that Rumours album where each song is a hit.

and then they milked all that into oblivion by doing greatest hits reunion tours forever-more. how would yet another reunion tour change anything in that legacy?
They are now a viral trending, Billboard Top 40 charting band again. Mick would be insane if he isn't sitting on his little island with dollar signs in his eyes thinking, "Stevie hates backlash and her solo career has slowed, Lindsey and I are on speaking terms, he is readying a solo album, Chris and John are still around... perhaps we politely retire this era and usher in a grand farewell tour. That'll bring in lots of money. Album. Live show. Tons of press. Tons and tons of money."

It's like the lead up from '92 to '97 all over again. I can see it clear as day. As much as I would hate to gag my way through the song and dance lovefest show again, the general public will eat it up - as will the new generation that have found them.

All thats left is the revelation that someone is working in a studio with Lindsey on something.