View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s kind of hilarious because even reflecting back on the success of the White album, Stevie suggested that even if they hated each other none of them was about to leave. They knew they were good together. So they’ve hated each other before Rumours. And not just the bitter lovers. Mick, John vs. Lindsey too.

Of course, when I say “hate” I don’t mean that completely. I believe they feel something else strongly too.

As for Stevie, even when I was a Stevie fan I was never blind to her flightiness and narcissism. I just thought it was part of her charm. Some of the most stabbing things she said also made me laugh heartily. I found her enchanting and you don’t have to wear a shawl to appreciate the way she could mesmerize on stage, in her heyday. I thought she preened and pouted prettily. But what works at 30 loses luster at 60.

The problem is, when the charm, physical prowess (no, I did not swoon on every spin, but I found her energy contagious) and vocal talent dissipated, there is nothing left but an unpleasant shell. Find a molded wedding cake and call her Miss Haversham.