View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The second half of this show was a barn burner. The first half a little less intense-- allow me to explain....

I had a M&G ticket for the second row on the right side. While we were checking in I talked with a couple who paid for M&G tickets but had an issue with Ticketmaster. According to them they were notified right after purchase that their order was cancelled and they should purchase again. They did, but by then the M&G were sold out. Someone in front of them had the same issue. I've never had this happen Thank God!

I saw a couple I'd met in Indy for a BuckVie show so we had some laughs and talked about the current state of affairs.

The M&G seemed rushed to me (more so than the Chicago show). Seemed like there were less people compared to Chicago. I told Lindsey I was at the Chicago show and it was terrific. He said thank you and then I said I'm really looking forward to tonight's show and he said "we'll do our best" with a grin. The camera guy snaps a pic and I asked if I blinked. At the same time I'm asking about the blink Lindsey says "she blinked, please take the picture again". I swear this guy pays attention to everything---he sees all! We entered the theater and lined up in the aisle. The photographer/backdrop was set up in front of the stage. I was in line with a guy named Paul who's wife had given birth to their 4th child early that morning. Healthy baby so his wife insisted he go to the show. Every spouse should be like her! Paul said Lindsey was interested in hearing about the baby and the other kids and said maybe he'd do a dedication. Sure enough Lindsey dedicated Shut Us Down to Paul (he did not elaborate on the childbirth part). Paul was sitting close by in the center section and we looked at each other like WOW!

Before the show started I spoke to a female usher and a security guy who said it was ok to go up to the stage. As soon as the band came out I darted up to the stage with the girl next to me close behind. After the first 2 songs the female usher asked us to sit down which we did. I spoke to her on the side for a long time (missed a whole song) about how someone complained. She knew the security guy gave permission to go up, she wanted to consult with him because of the complaint. So we sat and wiggled in our chairs for too many songs. Meanwhile a few folks in the center section (first couple rows) were up and down. Whoever they were--good for them!! Nobody asked them to sit down as far as I could tell. Finally the security guy shows up and says "I told you it was ok, the band wants you guys up there". When I explained about the usher and the complainer he was like "just go". Ok--you don't have to tell me twice! Within minutes more people were up close and everyone was ready for lift off. Lindsey and the band lit up with that extra sparkle once the audience was freed from their seats. We had so much fun with him pointing and eyeballing everyone. Got to strum his guitar for the second time in my life
The 2 girls next to me thanked me after the show for talking with the security guard. This was their first LB show. They'll never be the same, ha!

During NGBA someone called out something like "I hope you win or you're gonna win" when he sang the line "You don't know what it means to win". Reference to his lawsuit I'm sure. During one of his monologues a girl yelled something like "Stevie is nothing without you/FM is worthless without you". I wish I was recording at the time but I wasn't so don't quote me. I was watching him like a hawk and he didn't respond except for a facial expression of acknowledgement--nothing big, just that you could tell he heard her.

After the show I chatted with my friends from the Indy show and a guy I recognized from 2 FM shows in 2014/2015. A girl was wearing a shirt with "I love the small machine" on it. I wanted to ask her about it but didn't get a chance. Cool shirt!

His shows are so high energy--I just love being able to celebrate the music I love. Even the slower/quieter songs have their own kind of energy. I get teary eyed but it's all good.