View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default this is interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You got me thinking—for the first time ever!

I bet you're right. I bet this is either Lindsey's song OR it's something they grabbed from the Curtis brothers or somebody similar. Look at the words again. These aren't Stevie's words, they're a guy's words. There's nothing about this on the In Her Own Words site. Has she ever talked about this song from a songwriter's perspective?

Stevie Nicks (and many other women songwriters) would never write, "Now you tell me that I'm crazy/It's nothin' that I didn't know" [that's a man's sense of humor] or "I just want you to feel fine" or "Love keeps right on walking on down the line." That's Lindsey (or another guy). Stevie has never talked about relationships in this manner. The tone and the diction are not hers at all.

Let me check my Rumours Deluxe. There's on cut on here of Lindsey playing electric guitar and singing solo backed by the rhythm section. It fits him like a glove. It's his! It's gotta be his. Since when does he record an entire Nicks song and sing it all the way through as a reference vocal—especially with this much conviction, shouting directions the way he and McVie do on their own songs, indicating verse, chorus, bridge, and so on? THIS IS HIS SONG, PEOPLE! NurseJackson is brilliant on this point. Reconsider this one, RodeoJoe.
IDWK is among 4 or 5 Stevie FM songs that i love. if this theory is correct, it would make much more sense why i love this one.

i've heard this song listed among 500 best classic songs of all times, it would be funny if it's Lindsey's - or more probable, a LB/SN co-write - but he doesn't get credited.

then again, my working theory is that many songs credited solely to SN as written somewhere in between 1972 and 1977 are actually LB co-writes and he never bothered to ask for a credit.

like DownOnRodeo says, that might be interesting question to ask Lindsey at m&gs and see what he says.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"