View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm 51 and the late teens/twenty somethings crowd is so impressed that I love the music they listen to. There are a zillion great songs that are new and I think you are doing a dis service to yourself if you ignore music just because it was released in the 21st century. Personally I would be bored ****less having to listen to the same music all my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Nailed it, Viv. I'll never begrudge anyone the right to like what they like. But it seems absurd to just write off an entire era of music. Especially in an era where Stevie and Lindsey's influence on the general music scene has arguably never been higher, and you don't even need to get out of your pyjamas to discover tons of great new music.

Nothing against your nephew, MFF, I just think he's really missing out and that's sad.

I must say though, there is a certain age range that seems to be the most impressionable music-wise. I'm 26 now, but my taste in music seems more or less defined by my musical discoveries when I was 18-23 or so. I'm not consciously shutting new stuff out, but I've noticed I'm not searching for new music or exploring new genres with anything near the fervency I had a few years ago. I miss my new-music-enthusiasm sometimes, but when I talk to others about it, this seems pretty normal.

Hahaha.I understand what you two mean.

It probably sounds like I shut off all of the new artists and music.I'm not condemning it altogether.

They are some good new artists and new tunes out there but the new stuff dont do justice to my liking probably because of the lyrics and auto-tune they use today.

I just cant get into it like I used to.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016