View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WednesdaysChild
Chris Nicks cheated his own sister out of money? Or was it someone else?

And the woman...was that Ginny Kamano? I wondered what happened to her...That lady answered her fan mail, I think.

At least Stevie allowed the NicksFix to become HER site, although I think they could do a slightly better job at it, IMO. Especially with the "ask Stevie" stuff. People ask DUMB questions--you can find the answers in old articles, lol.
No, he cheated the fans out of money. It was back in the early eighties that the fan club started up, around the time BD was released. It was about twenty bucks to join (not bad at all) and you got a photo, a button, a letter from Stevie, and a few other things. Every once in awhile, they would send you flyers about merchandise for sale. People would send in the money for merchandise and never get anything in return. Around the time of the BD tour, it all came to a head. At the end of the tour, flyers were sent advertising tour t-shirts and the like. Once again, people sent in money and got nothing in return. So, a TON of fans started writing letters to the fan club address and all the letters were returned with the stamp saying there was no such address. Then, some people went to the address and found an empty office...Needless to say, the fan club was no more.

And yes, it was Ginny! She was quite the NUTCASE!!!!! She thought she was Stevie, for cripes sake. I remember she showed up at a fan convention and asked people if they wanted Stevie's autograph. They said yes and she told them to pay her money and she would sign a photo because she was Stevie! I almost died. I heard reports that she was quite the extortionist, too.