View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lindsey probably did put his foot down because he wanted to do his solo dates. But according to the Tom Petty photographer (who I at first doubted somewhat, but after the announcement looks like he was mostly right), Stevie then got fed up with his 'arrogance' and his requests that she told Mick "it's him or me".

While we can't know the exact truth this seems like the likely story. They both stood their ground and it got ugly. But it should not have ended like this, they should've done whatever it took to make it work.
And we have another winner! Except that you're not posting what you think Lindsey did.
What people need to know is that Lindsey was ready to postpone his solo tour once he realized he couldn't convince Mick. But decisions were already made because Stevie wanted him out.
And Mike was already approached by them even before Lindsey knew he was being fired.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.