View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I tend to think you're right. If FM were still under contract with Warner Bros, I can imagine Warner Bros would highly encourage Stevie to jettison recording a solo album in favor of a Mac one. This is because the Mac tends to sell at least 50% better than Stevie does solo. Plus, Warner Bros has a much larger Mac back catalogue they can capitalize on vs Stevie's solo career. When established artists like Fleetwood Mac release new albums, their old albums tend to see a spike in sales at the same time. Especially with Christine back in the fold, Warner Bros would highly encourage a new Mac album vs a Stevie solo one. My guess is the band probably hasn't chosen a record label yet. But I could be wrong... maybe Warner Bros wants both albums out quickly to offset costs & for them to bolster each other's success.
I think that used to be the case. But if you compare TISL and SYW, Fleetwood Mac sold only 25% better than Stevie. In general, Fleetwood Mac's back catalog, namely Rumours, will sell better than Stevie's back catalog. But as far as new material, Stevie will sell just as much as Fleetwood Mac, so it's probably logistically easier to manage one artist rather than five (which Fleetwood Mac essentially is). That's probably why WB is more interested in releasing 24 Karat Gold at this point.

Last edited by SpyNote; 07-11-2014 at 11:55 AM..