View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Are James Taylor and Carole King playing together in the UK? I've only heard about US and Australia/NZ dates.

The thing about the Fleetwood Mac shows at Wembley none of those were really sold out. Tickets kept showing up on Ticketmaster all the time right up until the day of the show.

In my experience ticket drops are a universal thing but really it entirely depends on the artist and the venue. For example, when Springsteen played the O2 there were absolutely no ticket drops even on the day of the show. Whereas when Leonard Cohen played the Royal Albert Hall, a much smaller venue than the O2 arena which he had previously sold out, there were fifth and sixth row tickets available on the week of the show.

So, just like Fleetwood Mac, you just need to decide if you want to take the risk (and it is a risk). It might end up you'll get amazing tickets (like you did) the week before or on the day of the show but there's also a good chance you'll end up with no tickets at all.

He lives in California and is hoping to see them at the Hollywood Bowl, I think. Because he is only going to one show, and is very specific about where he wants to see them, I guess he better not take the risk...

Thanks!!