View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Money may have played a part in that, but I bet Stevie also felt uncomfortable with the idea of filming a video because of her weight at the time. Supposedly she made a video for Unconditional Love that has never seen the light of day, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was because she didn’t like how she looked in it.
That's maybe true. I am only going off her statements in 1994. In a pre-release Street Angel promo interview she is asked if there would be a video and she said it depends on how well the record sells. Later on during the tour and dismal sales she is asked by a radio DJ about videos and she says something like its a waste of money to spend $75,000 on a video where she may need that money someday if she is living in a condo in her older years. You can sense she was a bit nervous about her post Fleetwood Mac life and a solo career that was running out of steam.

Lindsey said that one of the reasons he did Tango was to get Mick out of bankruptcy. He did not say those exact words but almost. Chris reluctantly did the Dance in the USA because she was so willing for Mick. She would not even extend in Europe for him. That's probably the only time she has said NO to Mick. Mick sensed Fleetwood Mac would be coming to an end and made a very long world tour in 1990. Stevie was not happy for all those long European dates and publicly said so. She agreed with a world tour but was upset with how many dates there were. With the long tour and the delay with Chris's father's passing, her Timespace project was majorly delayed. She missed her Bon Jovi wave by 7 months.
That darn Mick! Always trying to squeeze the last cent.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-18-2023 at 02:25 PM..