View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
At the time he was fired he was not asking to delay the tour. He may have suggested it earlier but according to people who have absolutely zero reason to fabricate anything (Rick Turner and Federico Poll, from the BuckVie touring band), what the band said about him wanting to delay the tour and that being the 'cause' is just not true. Like I said, it's possible he may have asked to delay the tour earlier but Lindsey isn't an idiot, he knows he doesn't hold the cards in the band so I'm sure when he realized that wasn't gonna happen he came up with his other plan, which was the two tours, hence that video.
And the thing is, even IF Lindsey had asked to the delay the tour by a full year, it's still WRONG for them to fire him for it. Lindsey has given SO much to that band, he's put in a HUGE amount of work and he's given up his solo projects for them MORE THAN ONCE. After all these years and everything he's done, it's my opinion that if he really insisted that he needed that (which is just a hypothetical situation, because he didn't actually), they should have made it work. Stevie Nicks literally DID delay a recent FM tour by a full year because she wanted to take an extra year to promote her solo project. That whole debacle is well documented in Mick's Playboy interview and the subsequent interviews for when FM finally did go out. There's a video on YouTube, when I find it again I'll post it, of Stevie during press for her IYD doc where she talks about how Fleetwood Mac was supposed to go out on tour that year but she told them "sorry I need this year, you guys just have to wait because my project isn't done and I'm taking this year" and she says it with so much pride and the audience cheers her. That just proves how the hypocrisy the band is demonstrating with their cover story is ridiculous and the fact that some people think IF Lindsey had asked for that he would somehow deserve it is also ridiculous. Stevie can delay tours, refuse to record albums, fly off to Australia to sing with her friend instead of being in the studio with her band, do just about anything she wants and never get any "punishment" for it. And it's not any secret why either, Stevie is the cash figure for the band so she holds the cards, Mick lets her because he needs money.
To me it's crystal clear what happened, whenever this issue over tour dates started, Stevie just decided she wants no more Lindsey conflict in her life and so he was out. The end.

I agree 100%. I just don’t get why some people feel that Stevie can get away with making demands of the band based on what she wants, and yet Lindsey should be fired for the same, BUT then we are able show he actually didn’t, SO WE CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SCENARIOS. Yet they can’t and they still think the whole garbage situation is justified. It isn’t. Not at all. Mick and Stevie are so disappointing, and Chris and John too for standing by and not stopping this debaucle that has ruined the band. Yes, I think it ruined the band. Other don’t but I think it did, my opinion.