View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Tango is a good album that however had a much greater potential, it could have been a timeless classic but it was tarnished by many little things that prevented part of its success.
I really think that if Stevie had been more present and had submitted better songs and had worked longer on them, if Lindsey hadn't been on the verge of quitting Fleetwood Mac and if all of them had gone on the road together and in much better shape, then this album would have had about the same success rate of Rumours.
that's a lot of ifs!

i have no clue what potential are you talking about. Tango actually turned out much better than one would expect considering the circumstances (although i personally don't care too much for it), and that's really on the strength of Christine's collection of songs that became huge hits. i would expect that Lindsey and Christine together, nowadays, based on the strength of Lindsey's most recent songwriting, and expectations that Christine still has the same songwriting knack she always did, have created an album that is much stronger than Tango (and will of course sell 1/100000000 of what Tango did, but will stay as band's statement of artistic integrity for posterity).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"