View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven’t been anticipating an opening night this much since 2003 and the say you will tour. That was the first tour I was a fan for plus there were so many questions about the set:

1. Which new songs
2.what Chris songs if any
3. What rarities- in hindsight they Fu**ed this up bad in all of the non Christine years. And since I’m talking just say you will tour I’ll give them just beautiful child and much improved Eyes of the World since they had a new album, but boy did they blow an opportunity in 2009 to do a lot more cool things if they put the slightest effort into it.

So there’s a similar up in the air vibe for this tour. And not just “what” they play but “how” they play whatever they’re going to play. I’m really sorry half of those board, but I find Mike Campbell to be a FAR better guitar player then Lindsey, especially live. How much his playing will change these songs is really exciting for me to find out. Plus:

1. How many Lindsey songs
2. How many songs pre-75 (and I’m sorry no offense at all to Neil Finn, this is just a fact that I know is true...He is going to have next to no input on this set list beyond how well or not well he is able to sing a song the rest of the band have told him they’re rehearsing. He’s not or at least I really hope he is not making suggestions considering he was just learning 80 percent of the catalogue after being asked to join which he never actually said exactly but that’s what it comes off as. My whole point in even saying all that is I don’t take this interview with Neil making a prediction as to how many songs will be played from every era. He barely knows which songs are in which era.
3. Are there going to be drastically more songs then we’re used to? Mick keeps talking up how this tour will be quite a bit longer then previous tours. I really hope they follow through, and I’m hopeful since Stevie played a significantly longer set in both song count and time (and that’s more songs WITH all those annoyingly long stories) if the Mac can keep her to a minimum maybe we get a 30 song set? Unlikely I know, but mick keeps pushing this longer set.
4. Plus I can’t wait for the primary discussion on this board to be about the quality of this new Fleetwood Mac. Good OR Bad, but I hope they’re good enough for most to feel good about the new line up eventually. But if not I’d much rather hear discussion about how you feel the band sucks without Lindsey with something to critique, then the endless boring discussion of who fired who and who got who fired or quit and how many tines and how far
Did Stevie shove her broom up Lindsey’s ass to get him fired blah blah blah...

To quote John Mcvie “can they start playing soon?”

He Will Burn You Down